cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a task from Status page SSR 2011

JamesBergJr
Level 2

I have been using Symantec System Recovery 2011 for a home business server (obviously for many years). I briefly used a File and Folder backup job, which started failing. However, the job was no longer necessary, so I deleted it from Tasks, but the job still shows up on the Status Page. I customized the reporting so the job would not be reported, but I would like to remove it altogether from the list, since it is no longer a factor. However, I have been unable to find any means of removing it completely from the Status list. Is it possible, or will it continue to be listed even though the actual job itself has been removed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for providing the screenshot. The backup histories for "Files and folders" are in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symante System Recovery\Hostory\FileFolder.ffh file. So if you would like to remove the only backup histories for "Files and folders", remove FileFolder.ffh from C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symante System Recovery\Hostory after stopping "Symantec System Recovery" service. And then, check System Recovery console after starting "Symantec System Recovery" service.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Can you please post a screenshot of the issue?

akihiro1
Employee

Check the below KB. Especially PQJ files have backup job settings. If you would like to remove backup jobs with all backup histories, remove PQH files with PQJ files after stopping "Symantec System Recovery" service.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100014387

Perform all steps except Step 9 to 12 in the above KB. Refer to the below steps. I removed Step 9 to 12.

1. Click "Start" and select "Run". Start the Services Snap-in by entering "Services.msc". Stop the System Recovery Service.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
2. Click "Start" and select "Run". Start the registry editor by typing "regedit".
3. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Veritas -> Veritas System Recovery -> DefaultImagePath
4. Delete the value data of "DefaultImagePath".
5. In Windows Explorer, browse to the location " C:\ProgramData\Veritas\VERITAS SYSYEM RECOVERY\History".
NOTE: "C:\ProgramData" is marked as a hidden by default. If necessary, display this folder by "Folder Options" in "Control Panel".
6. Delete all the files or move to the different location.
7. In Windows Explorer, browse to the location "C:\ProgramData\Veritas\VERITAS SYSYEM RECOVERY\Schedule".
8. Delete all the files or move to the different location.

13. Start the System Recovery Service.
14. Create and run the backup job.

JamesBergJr
Level 2

This is a screen shot of the status page. I simply want to remove the "Files and Folders" entry from the list since it was only a temporary job which no longer exists and I don't need to see any information about it.

I will also review the KB article and steps involved.

Thank you both.

Thank you for providing the screenshot. The backup histories for "Files and folders" are in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symante System Recovery\Hostory\FileFolder.ffh file. So if you would like to remove the only backup histories for "Files and folders", remove FileFolder.ffh from C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symante System Recovery\Hostory after stopping "Symantec System Recovery" service. And then, check System Recovery console after starting "Symantec System Recovery" service.