Forum Discussion

Plux
Level 2
16 years ago

SRD - wrong drive detection

Hello all,

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french.

I'm trying the BESR product on my server and I've got problems. I plugged an external hard drive and made a copy of my system disk on it and two restore points with BESR.

When I boot on the SRD, there is a problem with the hardware detection : the product finds my external hard drive and a local drive. The problem is : the system drive letter is (X: ) and there is only 30,1 Mb on it and 27,7 Mb free (if I open the drive, I can see the folders and recognize Windows folders which takes 400Mb, Program Files folders...). I've got two partitions on my drive and the second one is just not found ! So I can't restore anything. Why is the detection so wrong ?

I use Windows Server 2003, with two disk in a RAID 1 configuration. 

Thanks a lot for all answers. 

Message Edited by Plux on 09-04-2008 07:56 AM

2 Replies

• Hello !

I found that the (X: ) drive is a part of the SRD. In fact, my RAID 1 Sata disk is not recognized at all. I made a SRD with the drivers of my computer (I copy them from a floppy) but it still doesn't work.

Message Edited by Plux on 09-05-2008 05:20 AM
  • If the RAID 1 does not have a file system it will not show within the Windows Explorer like view. Under Analyze | Open Command Shell |Diskpart | list disks, does it show the internal container making up the RAID? If not what is the make and model of the RAID controller? Is the firmware up to date, and have you used the, 'Load a driver,' menu option to load the Vista/2k8 drivers for the 8.0x/8.5 recovery environment to see the RAID controller; even though it is a 2k3 image you are trying to restore you might want to see if the VISTA/2k8 driver will work in the SRD to properly detect the controller.