Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Granular Exchange 2007 Restore and BE 15

Hi all.

We have a issue here, we can make backups without problems, our Exchange 2007 server has 3 databases and there's no problem do make backups. But, we can not make granular restores, when we start a new task to restore a user mailbox or other item BE doesn't show nothing, no users, folders or items.

We appreciate if someone help us.

Thanks.

Savio - Sao Paulo/Brasil

• Hi,

Have you enabled Advanced Open File Option in the backup job for Exchange? If so, disable it and after running a backup, try a restore.

You can also try duplicating a current Exchange backup set to disk and then running a restore from that.

Thanks!

7 Replies

• Hi,

Have you enabled Advanced Open File Option in the backup job for Exchange? If so, disable it and after running a backup, try a restore.

You can also try duplicating a current Exchange backup set to disk and then running a restore from that.

Thanks!

• Does it show the Information Store ? If not, would you post the backup job log ? Thanks.

Also, do ensure the backup sets are actually present on the storage media and recatalog them if needed.

• Hi CraigV. After disable Advanced Open File Option it runs without problems.

Thanks a lot.

Savio

• You should give more details about how you solve your problem.

• I think it might have been my suggestion to disable AOFO which did the trick.

Thanks!

• Hi. I'm sorry.

After disable Advanced Open File Option it runs without problems.

Thanks.