Forum Discussion

LanceMa
Level 3
7 years ago

Enterprise vault Not Archiving mailboxes

Hi All

Need your assistance on this one as I can’t seem to resolve the issue and have tried almost everything.

I have users that are based overseas some mailboxes archive but others don’t. What I have found is that Enterprise vault is hitting the mailboxes and processing the items but it not archiving the items. the items go into a Pending stat and immediately revert back to the original stat. what I have already done is ZAP the users archive and recreated it, Checked and confirmed that the policy are correct. added the ContinueOnMissingItemErrors, deleted outlook profiles. recreated Archive task, confirmed that the Partitions are not in Backup mode and the Safety copies are set to be removed immediately after archive best practice are in place

I even went as far as recording the issue so it makes more sense. if you look at the recording you will notice the items go into pending and disappear but if you need at the search folder to the bottom left you will see the number does not change even the enterprise vault message count do not go up

Please could you assist as I’m lost. ive also attached Dtrace logs and Recording

Environment is 
EV11.0.1 CHF5
OS Server 2012/R2
Outlook 2013

thank you

LanceMa
    7 years ago

Hi,

I may have found the solution to my problem the mailbox contains corrupt items that are causing the loop and failing to continue with the remainder of the items in the mailbox. sadly the ContinueOnMissingItemErrors does not work in this environment for some strange reason and had to set the set failed messages 'Do not archive' in the policy. This will mark the corrupt items so they not processed again.

Non-corrupt items are now being processing as normal but will monitor as I don’t want to get my hopes up as yet. will update the post by EOB tomorrow

8 Replies

• Hello Lance,

Are the affected mailboxes perhaps over quota somehow. If EV can't write (which is basically what it does when replacing the original with a shortcut) you'll see this behaviour.

LanceMa
      Level 3

Hi Gertjan , thank you for your reply. We have extended the mailbox quota on these mailboxes already to make sure there is space to replace the original item with the stub so i dont know if that would be the issue. We are able to manually archive items and folder but the schedule archive do not seem to be working as it should just very strange

Here is the Excahnge Mailbox limite from SQL

MbxArchivingStateMbxExchangeStateExchangeMbxTypeMbxWarningLimitMbxSendLimitMbxReceiveLimitMbxSizeMbxItemCount
        GertjanA

Hello again,

In Exchange Management Shell, can you do the below command for one of the affected mailboxes?

get-mailbox 'account' | FL

look at ProhibitSendQuota, ProhibitSendReceiveQuota, UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults, MaxSendSize, MaxReceiveSize. Maybe one of these is different than what you see in EV. You wrote you zapped the archive, have you also tried zapping the mailbox? This will remove the hidden message. Rerun provisioning, re-enable user, connect to existing archive.

If that also fails, you might need to involve support, as they can do better investigation online.