Forum Discussion

tolinrome1
Level 5
15 years ago

eVault task controller service and storage service stopping

This has been ing on for a couple of weeks now and I still cant find a solution. THe task controller and storage service are always in a stopped state. If I start them it may last for a few seconds to...
    14 years ago

Yeah i noted above that it most likely breached its Quota.
    Also for clarities sake, when you purge an item out of an MSMQ, by design they go to the Admin Queues with in MSMQ for EV, and then EV will report that messages have been purged.

What you should normally do is, stop the EV Services, purge the queue, then note that all the items now populate under the Admin queues, after that you purge that Admin queue.

I do believe there are a few technotes around this describing this behavior for some time, some though get pulled because purging queues is not encouraged as some can lead to some bad issues (i.e purging the A1 queue is bad).

Also the attachmentmax and recipientmax won't affect items in the queue, it will just force EV to give a corrupt data error message (which is actually gotten from outlook).

The Transactional Dead Letter Queues are only used when MSMQ receives a Negative Acknowldegement (NACK) from the queue its attempting to reach or its timed out trying to get where it needs to go, usually this is seen when you have Outgoing queues that push messages to another EV Server etc