Forum Discussion

KellyLA
Level 2
13 years ago

Message dispenser: Suspending, & Resuming every 5 minutes. Need Fix.

Forum Dwellers,

My company is running Symantec Enterprise Vault, 9.0.3, on a Windows 2008 R2 server. (VM).

I have enterprise vault up and running, however I am having two specific events that are rapidly generating every 5 minutes, and have been unable to correct the problem. I have pasted two screenshots below of the errors.

If anybody could please kindly assist me in the correct direction to resolving this, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

-Kelly

• Generally this can be resolved by using the DS Server reg key. 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319206 refers.

Additionally, if you are using load-balancing of the CAS servers you may need to identify a specific CAS server rather than the logical name.

4 Replies

• Generally this can be resolved by using the DS Server reg key. 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319206 refers.

Additionally, if you are using load-balancing of the CAS servers you may need to identify a specific CAS server rather than the logical name.

• to elaborate on what Witsend wrote, you might need to create an entry in your local hosts file on the EV server with the issue and make the load-balancer name point to the IP of a specific CAS server.

• WiTSend,

Thank you for your reply.

My environment is as follows:

2008 R2 Domain environment

Exchange 2007 environment, With a load balancer to each mailbox server.

Exchange 2010 Environment in a DAG, one active mailbox server, two passive.
    My company is currently in the process of trying to migrate all users from Exchange 2007, to Exchange 2010. My archiving for both environments with the existing EV 9.0.3 server is functional, however this thread is in regards to one of many errors that exist, & that need to be resolved.

Below is a rough draft of my current setup. Is there more information I can provide to continue to troubleshoot this issue?

-Kelly

• Are your archiving targets Exchange 2010 and 2003?

Using DS Server or Closest GC reg fixes can cause issues if the EV server is targetting a mixed environment?

We've ended up using a host entry to point to a specific CAS rather than the array

I've recently noticed more of these errors in my environment, and found that purging the MSMQs and restarting the services has cleared the generation of those errors..

(sorry if i'm not helping, havent been able to see the screenshots)