Forum Discussion

xspader
Level 3
13 years ago

OWA 2010 404 error

Hi All   I have been searching through the forums and have not found anything satisfactory to answer my question as yet, but I have gained some information. What I would like to know is if ther...
    13 years ago

I believe what was previously discussed related to an Enterprise Vault Proxy server, however this is for Outlook Anywhere and not OWA Search/Archive Explorer.  Currently the 'Search Archives' and 'Archive Explorer' functionality of the Enterprise Vault OWA Extensions require a direct connection between the client machine and the Enterprise Vault server(s), preferably using an ISA/TMG or similar device.

Ultimately this was a change in functionality from Exchange 2003 OWA support to Exchange 2007 and above OWA support.  In the end it boils down to a business decision on whether an Enterprise Vault server should be published to allow for the Search Archive and Archive Explorer functionality externally, all other operations (Archive, Restore, Retrieval, etc.) function through the Client Access Server.

Thanks,

Andrew