Forum Discussion

Peable
Level 6
16 years ago

VAC hangs/freezes shortly on Tasks...

Hi everybody,

I've upgraded a customer from EV 2007 to EV 8 and seen this at other places before. The VAC works well... but when navigating to Tasks of an "Enterprise Vault Server", the tasks pop in very slowly and it requires many seconds (15-20) for the Exchange Provisioning Task. Once this is done, everything is normal again. I can navigate around and also to the tasks very well for some time. But this will happen again in one session.

The environment: 1x EV-Server, a dedicated GC (global catalog server) was entered, 1 Exchange server, DNS and NetBios resolution works fine (also for the alias) and the SQL server has nothing to do.

So, it seems it's waiting for something to be resolved, though I can't think of anything else.

Looking forward to your reply,
Jochen.
  • Hi,

Try this...

Log on to an Enterprise Vault server as an account that runs Enterprise Vault services on that server.
    In the Windows Control Panel, double-click Internet Options > Advanced tab > In the Security section, clear Check for publisher's certificate revocation and click OK. Repeat this procedure on every Enterprise Vault server....

cheers

5 Replies

• Hi,

Try this...

Log on to an Enterprise Vault server as an account that runs Enterprise Vault services on that server.
    In the Windows Control Panel, double-click Internet Options > Advanced tab > In the Security section, clear Check for publisher's certificate revocation and click OK. Repeat this procedure on every Enterprise Vault server....

cheers

• I may be wrong but I remember that certain issue was for install not slowness. Was a while ago so like I say could be wrong. Dtrace MMC and directory service whilst replicating the issue. I know you say SQL has nothing to do but this info is all stored and brought back by SQL so needs looking at.
  • There is a note in the release notes/readme which says to do what Patrick suggested, so I'd do that.

Thanks
    Rob Wilcox
    EV Engineering Support. 
  • Do you need any more assistance with this?
    If a post solved your problem, can you mark that as the Solution?

Thanks & Regards
    Michel