Unable to to customize an existing custom sample report for the purposes desired.
1) Go to the Custom Reports section of the GUI:
2) select a protected sample report and attempt to edit it:
you cannot edit a sample ad hoc report.
When selecting a sample report for editing an error is thrown:
Windows; 2003, 2008
Enterprise (x86-32bit) SP2
Solaris 9, 10
CCS <gui-version> 5.2.473.0 or greater
Sample reports are replaced upon upgrade and modifications are not allowed by design.
Create a new custom report by using the ad hoc reporting function to add a report with the SQL query desired.
Since editing a sample report is not allowed an Administrator must determine the SQL Query being used and create a new report using that query.
For example using the SAN Storage Report:
1) Assuming the current Webpage is the Custom Reports as mentioned above, and the San Storage Report has been selected by placing a checkmark in the box adjacent to the report use the drop down in the upper right corner of the page to Export the Report Definition.
2) Select to save the export or open it in an appropriate editor:
3) View the file exported and capture the <value> for the <property> named body0.queryStr.
select VirtualHostName, Array_Name as ArrayName, PoolName, VMDiskName
4) Create a new Adhoc report for the query. On the Custom Report page in the Drop Down from the upper Right corner select the option to Create Ad hoc Report and select Go.
5) In the popup that follows complete the Report name that will be in the custom report list on the page where you found the SAN Storage Report.
Note: assumes that popups are allowed from the CCS Management Server (MS)
6) Click next and populate the required fields on the next popup.
Note: the boxes for graphical formatting will remain greyed out unless the default is changed from a table output and a type of chart requiring the parameters is chosen.
7) After adding the query, run a preview to ensure the data desired is populated in the report and perform any changes to the query, Display Title or Description required before clicking the Finish button to save the report.
8) The saved report appears in the custom reports list and can be run in the future by double clicking the name listed in blue or scheduled using the drop down list to create a schedule.
Note: The newly created report now resides in the default (or custom if created) directory and will not be overwritten on upgrade.