cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xa00084ca - The data being read from the media is inconsistent

P__Witteman
Level 3
When I backup my W2K3 SBS servers with an external harddisk and backup the "Shadow Copy Components" in a full backup I get the following error:
In the Job Completion Status:
"Final error: 0xa00084ca - The data being read from the media is inconsistent"
In the Errors:
"Verify - Shadow?Copy?Components Shadow?Copy?ComponentsAn inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in Backup-to-Disk Device 1"
When I catalog the backupfiles afterwards I get errors that not all the files were good inventoried. In the restore environment I can't restore the Exchange Store and a part of Shadow Copy Components

Who knows more!!!
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
- Is the Backupto disk Folder on the same drive?
- Try erasing the Media and then run a backup job.
- Try creating a new Backup to disk Folder and try backing up to that Folder.

Let us know if that helps you.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

P__Witteman
Level 3
The server was crashed and I had to build a new domain because the backups on different disks were corrupt... ;-(
1 week work... Also a lot of data was lost (4 months)

So now I bought a brand new tapestreamer from Dell (Powervault 110 LTO2 external) and again Backup Exec 9.1 give again problems. In the bios everything is oke. But first BE didn't show the streamer at all in the device manager, although it was seen bij the device wizard.

I installed BE 9.1 again (complete clean install!) in now it sees the tapestreamer but it gives an error when I want to inventory or label tapes:error:
Inventory Drive 0001 -- The job failed with the following error: Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument.

The BEdiag gives the following data:
0004:0000:0006:0000 Device Name "\\.\Tape0"
Primary Inquiry "CERTANCEULTRIUM 2 1748"
Serial Number "CERTANCEULTRIUM 2 JK00VV6"
Device Flags SCSI, SN(TYPE 1)
Device State 3, Online

Device IDs 1002, {76D58839-8CA9-4089-8D52-835CCEC9D604}
Device Name "CERTANCE 1"
Device Type 0, ""
Device Features 0x00000000
Device Element 0, 0
What's wrong... I'm desperate and losing my trust in BE!
Help me

pieter

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

As this is a different issue, please open a new thread.
However meanwhile refer the following technote.
Title:
After replacing or upgrading a Robotic Library or related hardware component, Backup Exec is unable to use the hardware device for backup and restore operations.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/242235

Note: Please open a new thread if the issue persists. You may give this thread as reference.