cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xa000fe09 - The directory is invalid using 1 selection list

Michael_Walls
Level 2
I have a client that has been getting this recurring error on their Monday Full backup job. The error states that a directory can not be found. The path that is listed is to a .pdf file that does not exist in that location. I have reviewed the Monday backup selection list and found no reference to this file or directory. This client has selection lists defined for each backup job for each day of the week. The other jobs seem to run fine using their selection lists. The selection lists are virtually the same. I have decided to define a new selection list to try to resolve this issue but I would like to know if it is possible for the selection list to become corrupt? I have no problem editing this list but this did not resolve the issue. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Jeff_Lew
Level 2
Have you checked the selection list using the "Text" version? The graphical version of the selection list does not always show the same listings as the text version of the selection list if the resource is not available.

Michael_Walls
Level 2
Yes, I did. Their selection lists for some of the other days of the week were also identical to this one.

Kris_Meery
Level 2
I've also experienced this problem since I upgraded to v9.1. This problem seems to be a corrupt selection list and the only way I've been able to recover from it was to create new list from scratch and switch the job to that one.

If you attempt to load the old selection list into a new one you'll continue to get this corruption. It's obviously a bug.

I've stopped all Veritas purchases until they can get the current version working decently.