cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xa000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered - Symantec Live State Recovery

Adrian_Farrell
Not applicable
Hi

We are using Symantec Live State Recover to create back up images of our server. We then back up those images to tape for storage using Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 Rev 4691.

Every backup now seems to fail with the above error. An it says that one or two image files were unable to verify. The images work and over a week of backing up the files that it occur on will change. I have read articles that say this will happen if the files are opened. So I have stopped the LSR backup and run a veritas backup but I still get the same issue.

I have not been able to do a successful back in a while so if we lost data or had a disaster we would be in big trouble. Please help.

Thanks,

Adrian
2 REPLIES 2

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
The sysinternals tool HANDLE.EXE will be great at confirming whether or not these files are actually in use:

http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/handle.html

If you know for sure the files aren't in use, try using chkdsk etc and making sure your disk is OK and the files are accessible.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

We hope the above answer has helped resolve your issue. If the problem persists, do revert.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.