cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe000810b & 0xe0008115 errors- Volume Library Device- HELP!

Jillian_Jamieso
Level 2
I am having a few problems under V10

I had started receiving errors with my backups so I have installed the latest firmware and drivers as I thought this would help the situation. Instead I got more errors!

Final error: 0xe000810b - Physical Volume Library Drive not found.
Final error category: Backup Device Errors

I removed the tape drive from device manager in windows and followed another forum and removed and reinstalled the driver through Bexec but now i am receiving this error-

On running an inventory
Final error: 0xe0008115 - Physical Volume Library Drive or Robot paused, offline, or disabled.
Final error category: Backup Device ErrorsCompleted status: Failed

Can anyone give me some advise on what to do next? Could this be a hardware error? I have tried replacing the cable as i thought this was were the read/write errors were coming from but this has not solved anything
4 REPLIES 4

Jillian_Jamieso
Level 2
I have managed to get some backups working through the hot-swappable wizard but now i have the backups failing on verification (about 70%). Cyclic Redundancy check
I have followed the advice of a new tape, checking heads (99% life left) etc but nothing seems to be solving the issue.
I believe the hardware is ok through checking the device using s/w provided by HP.

Does anyone have any other ideas please?

thanks

Symanticus
Level 6
Hi Jillian,

how's it going with the problem ?

I also facing the same problem now with my SCSI LTO-3 single external tape drive under BE 12.5, i tried to insert the new tape but i ouldn't format it or inventory it ?

any idea please ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Jillian,

Did you follow Symantec's recommendation to remove a device from Windows/Backup Exec completely? If not, here's how you would do it:

1. Delete the library out of Backup Exec & Device Manager.
2. Shut down the library and Windows.
3. Remove the SCSI cable from the server, and start the server up.
4. Log on, and verify that there are no entries in BEX or Device Manager for your library.
5. Shut the server down, reconnect the library and start it up.
6. Wait 1 minute or so, and then start up your server.
7. You can then verify Windows sees the device, and that Backup Exec's drivers are loaded, along with Removable Storage being disabled.

I see you've loaded the latest firmware which is good. Lastly, which HP backup device do you have?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Any news here?