cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe000846b & V-79-57344-33899 Error

MFman
Level 3

Hi,

I am having this error on our system, it's only the one script that shows this error. the strange thing is the backup actually does complete but this error is always occuring. Does anyone know what could be wrong or whats happening to cause this?

Using Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Servers on Server 2003 with SP2.

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12

SaurabhK
Level 4
Employee

One Script? As in a post command? Or backing up something that is a script? M sorry but i'll need a little more detail on this one...

MFman
Level 3

Sorry, what i mean by script is that it's one of the jobs, it's a daily incremental setp to backup various files across various locations.

The device is a HP MSL 6000.

Munir2Fast
Level 5
Certified

Hi,

Please go to job history tab and check on which resource its giving this error excatly.

Following the below link which may help you fix the same :

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH88067

or upload a screen shot from the bottom of the job.

MFman
Level 3

Well there are 4 resources that give the error, 2 different servers.

SaurabhK
Level 4
Employee

Okay, can you backup anything else from those two servers? The resources it is erroring on, does it exist or is the directory deleted? How about AOFO? is that enabled on the job?

Try restarting the Remote Agents on those two servers and backing up only the resources that failed on a fresh job, how about the Application Log on the remote servers, any service crash logged?

I would strongly recommend you to run Live Update, update RAWS on all machines and attempt again...

Munir2Fast
Level 5
Certified

Try re-creating the selection list for this backup job..

MFman
Level 3

Does it matter that the remote agent for windows systems is not in the default location?

IE default locations is /Program Files/Symantec/Backup Exec/RAWS

My service is starting from /Program Files/Symantec/Backup Exec/beremote.exe

I suspect its the Remote Agent thats at fault as there are other locations in the job that do backup. No logs that indicate a service crash or anything like that.

On the other servers, that RAWS is not installed, does it need to be installed on all servers?

Munir2Fast
Level 5
Certified

Yes, remote agent needs to be installed on all the servers selected in the backup job's selection list. Un-install, reboot & reinstall the remote agent if required on the problem servers.

MFman
Level 3

will remote agent be compatable with server 2000? Or will I need to find an alternate solution? AOFO perhaps?

Thanks for the help btw.

MFman
Level 3

Installed RAWS, do i need to install AOFO or will the standard volsnap be sufficient?

SaurabhK
Level 4
Employee

Hello,

RAWS can be installed anywhere on the server! AOFO is required on on Server 2000, Server 2003 and above use Microsoft VSS wherever required by default! run SETUPAOFO.CMD from the RAWS32 folder on the Win 2000 server if required. Note: Installing AOFO will require a reboot.

This should take care of you issue.

Let me know if you run into any other issues.

Please mark the thread as solution when you get a good job going.

MFman
Level 3

Great, thanks for the heads up. Job runs tonight at 21:00pm.

So will have a look tomorrow when im back in the office and update if needed.