cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.

Scott_Minar
Not applicable
I receive the following error when attempting to restore a SQL db:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

I'm not trying to restore anything related to Exchange, and the remote agent is running. The backup server can ping, etc, the remote with no issues (same switch, so no port blocking), and "use any available network adapter" is set. I can restore a file to the remote.

What should I check next?
4 REPLIES 4

pm_mas
Level 3
If you ever get any feedback / solution to this issue would appreciate if you could post it

i've been having a similar error for several weeks and got nowhere - having been through all I can think of, I am down to port errors ... I have NTBackup working ok so probably comms error is not hardware / network related but a veritas issue ...

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Verify if the remote agent service running under local system account on you media server as well as the media server.
Port 10,000 has to be open on both the servers.
If the remote server is behind a firewall please refer to admin guide chapter on using Backup Exec with firewalls.

(title) VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/269777
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dave_Forster
Not applicable
I am experiencing the same problem, I am restoring 500MB of data to a different server using the file redirection option. I have tried this task twice and in both instances the restore has failed after completing 114MB of data. The fail seems to happen at exactly the same place each time. The log file says "connection to the restore target has been lost" and "a communication failure has occurred 0x000fe30"
I have a valid Technical Services Support Certificate and I am disappointed that I cannot get live e-mail support.

grumpy
Level 3
Heck, I'm getting the same error, but here's the difference.  I'm restoring to a drive array that is physically attached to the server running backup exec, as is the robot that has the tape.  Everything is local, nothing is going over the network at all.  (FYI the server is running BE10, and is a Windows 2003 server)...  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.....
Thanks