cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11D - Exchange Information Store backup issue, very strange.

Scott_Vaughan
Level 2
Hi all,

I have attempted to read though dozens of posts to find a solution but am not having much luck.

This is in relation to backups that have the option 'Enable the restore of individual mail messages and folders from Information Store Backups)

Symptoms of issues:

• Backups use to work 100% no errors
  • Randomly or what appears to be random, backup exec was failing
  • 'Access denied to Information Store' message

What strikes me very strange is the fact that, I can actually still restore data into the information store from previous successful backups, yet I can no longer take backups.??????

The backup account and way our jobs are setup is identical to 3 other site locations in our organization, all using the ame backup account, which work fine at these sites so you can be assured the access acount is fine.

Things I have done:

• I have ensured our backup account has 'Exchange Full Administrator' control on exchange server
  • I have tested logging into the mailbox's though OWA using the backup account, I can gain successfully entry
  • I have made sure backup exec 11d is fully updated, and ensured clients have been redeployed after updates
  • I have ensured the files and folders on the drives them self’s have the correct folder and file permissions
  • I have ensured I have the correct system logon accounts in use and resource accounts when backup exec attempts to connect to that agent.
  • I have tried using different user credentials such as Administrator to try to make it work, which failed.
  • I have tried running the agent service as a system account, the backup account, and the administrator account, all have failed.

If I think of other things I have done, I will post them up, I have kinda gotten lost in what I have attempted to try in order to get this working again.

Any assistance will be greatly appricated.

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Vaughan

Message Edited by Scott Vaughan on 11-03-2008 09:47 PM
Message Edited by Scott Vaughan on 11-03-2008 09:48 PM
Message Edited by Scott Vaughan on 11-03-2008 09:49 PM
1 REPLY 1

Anup
Level 6
Certified

Could you please post the exact error message?

what version of backup exec it is ? 11d 7170 or 11d 6235? Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007?

Goto tools->options->microsoft exchange

-Check enable legacy mailbox support.

Goto backup job and expand exchange server

Now try to expand the Microsoft exchange mailboxes.

Is backup throught NTbackup successfull?