cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11D Memory Usage

lacledechain
Level 2
I have been using 11D Backup Exec for roughly 4 months now on Windows 2003 Enterprise x64 Server with 8Gb of RAM and just recently during the day (when backup does not occur) the beserver.exe service starts using more and more amounts of memory.  When the services are first started they are using roughly 75MB but it continues to grow in size.  Usually around 5pm the service is using over 3 or 4 GB of memory.  Lately I have been shutting down the service after the backup runs and then restarting it at the end of the day to help with performance.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Scott_P
Level 4
Employee Certified
Hi,
Are you using Backup Exec 11d build 6235, or 7170?

There was a memory leak issue with 6235 but that was resolved by hotfix. That being said, if you're still running the older build, you may want to consider upgrading, and if the issue remains, we can take it from there and if need be, open a case. You can dowload the latest build from the following link:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287939.htm

Regards,
Scott

lacledechain
Level 2
Last night I upgraded to 7170 and I am still seeing the creep in memory usage for beserver.exe.  This service (beserver.exe) is the only Backup Exec service where the memory usage continues to grow.  Any help on this would be appreciated.  Thank you