cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11D Setup Advice

nevets2001uk
Not applicable

I'm a BE newbie and need some help installing it on a new Domain Controller / File Server.

We will shortly be replacing a Novell network with AD and have two domain controllers nearly built. One acts as DC and fileserver and the second is also a DC and a print server.

We have purchased the following products...

Backup Exec 11D with Continuous Protection
MS AD 11D Agent for Active Directory
AOFO Agent
Windows Agent (To backup second server)

The software will be installed on the fileserver DC to backup AD and the files. The agent will be used to backup a few files and the spool directory on the second server.

My first question is what type of account is required for the service to run. Should I create a new account in AD with Domain Admin rights and use this to run the software or can it purely be a Local Administrator? Will this be the account under which the services start? If so can it just be left to the Local System?

Will I need any other accounts / setup to get the active directory agent working?

Are there any best practices / tips to follow during the install?

All advice is much appreciated.

Message Edited by nevets2001uk on 04-29-2008 08:06 AM
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I'd use a dedicated account, since changing that is easier than using a Domain Admin account, though with only tgwo servers, it might not be too bad.  And yes, this is the context under which the services run

The RemoteAgent should run as local system, tho -