cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11d 7170 SP1 alternative download link

WTI_Support
Not applicable
I've been trying to download SP1 for the last few hours. Without any luck, I even timed out. I was wondering if there is a FAST 7170 32BIT SP1 download link available. The Symantec FTP link is extremely slow (record speed: 10kb/s).

Thanks in advance,

WTI

Message Edited by WTI Support on 09-12-2007 08:57 AM
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Don't know how fast it will be for you, but see

Jonas_Nagel
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

Ken, this is the official (and so far the only) download link you've just posted...it's very slow.

I'm experiencing the same problem...I might be luckier, because it's early morning in the U.S. yet, but I top at 30kb/sec download speed, tendency is to drop a bit though!

This still leaves me with 50 - 60 min download time for SP1. Live Update won't work across the proxies (yes, tried multiple!) the customer has for some reason, so I am stuck with downloading the SPs/Patches from the download section on the support page.

Please provide some mirrors!

Thanks & regards,
Jonas

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
AFAIK those two links are the only official download sites

If this is for a customer, whose site is particularly slow, you could do the downloads at your office and put them on CD

jay_s
Level 3
I had the same problem, and even slower, I managed download it at 7am (eastern time) yesterday morning at it only took about 45 minutes, not even. 

Jonas_Nagel
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

Appreciated, but the problem is not our or my download link, since I *am* at the offices...at many offices and the link from Symantec is simply dead slow.

Well I got the Service Pack now...but others are obviously similarly unhappy.

- Jonas