cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 R2 job fail question

Gregmfg
Level 4

Hi everyone,

Currently I have a daily workstation backup where the system state and a few select folders are backed up.  One of the computers is not turned on everyday though.  My problem is that when that computer is not powered on I am getting an error causing the job to fail.  All of the other workstations are backed up with no issue.  Is there a way to make it so if the computer is off backup exec simply skips over the computer without saying the job fails? 

4 REPLIES 4

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No... Not possible..

Only way is to split the job, so that if any workstation is not powered on only that job will get failed. 

Create a seperate job for that machine. 

Regards...

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

There is no way BE can skip a server which is off, if the issue is with only 1 server then create a

seperate job 

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You may look into the DLO (desktop&Laptop Optio) feature of BE.

Within Backup Exec you will get 5 'free' licenses of the DLO feature. So you can backup 5 workstations with it. The main advantage is that the backup will run when the workstation is ON, so you don't have to make sure the workstations are powered on during the scheduled job in BE.

Gregmfg
Level 4

Alright I will look into your suggestions I was hoping for something easy no big deal though.  Thanks everyone for the quick answers.