cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010R2 services not starting

dave7
Level 2

Have a 2003 R2 64 bit server.  Loaded software on it Friday, everything seemed to work fine.  Scheduled a backup on Friday night, Monday went to check it out and found out the services would not start.  Called Symantec and they sent me a patch said to stop all service and run the patch.  Tried that but it did not load.  This is for a non-profit company so Sysmantec will not support it, without a support contract.  So I'm kind of stuck here, normally I do not have a problem with the backup software.  Sysmantec did tell me this is a know issue.  Great but it doesn't help me out, any hellp will be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

you try repair the Backup Exec once from Add/Remove and check

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you installed this update?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH126174

BTW: did you run LiveUpdate to make sure all available updates are installed ?

dave7
Level 2

I ran the sysmantec liveupdates after I installed it.  We also ran the windows updates last night and the system needs to be restarted before they take affect, I cannot bring them down during production so I'll do it tonight and retry.  See if that makes a difference.  Thanks

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

you try repair the Backup Exec once from Add/Remove and check

dave7
Level 2

When I run Backup Exec I keep getting Error E0001201 Backup Exec Virtual File Filter (VFF) drivers must be installed.  The VFF driver is installed when you install any of the following Backup Exec agents: Exchange Agent or Active Directory Recover Optio

I went into Backup Exec install, went to add services, the added the Exchange Agent, it has a check mark by it.  But I'm still getting the error.

Help