cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64-bit driver needed doe the i2000

slidelltiger
Level 3
can someone tell me where i can get the driver for an i2000 for windows 2003 64-bit
5 REPLIES 5

tech29
Level 6
What version of Backup Exec are you using?

Here is the link from where you can download all the latest patches, drives, service packs for BAckup Exec.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15047

Regards,
tech29

teiva-boy
Level 6
You get the drivers from the hardware vendor most times.  Symantec's are generic drivers made for compatibility, but often are not as updated or latest builds.

tech29
Level 6

I agree with teiva-boy, however, Symantec always recommends to have Symantec drivers installed on the tape drives.

check this link:
"How to troubleshoot issues with a Robotic Library (autoloader/changer) or Tape Drive in Backup Exec for Windows Servers "

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/255501.htm

it clearly says,

"b. Ensure that the latest drivers and firmware have been installed for the tape drive, robotic library, and for the SCSI controller. Symantec drivers should be loaded for the tape drive for best performance. Symantec does not test performance or compatibility with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers, unless noted on the Hardware Compatibility List. Backup Exec tape drivers can be downloaded from the Symantec Support Web site at: "

teiva-boy
Level 6
Since 11d, I've had better reliability on Sony, ADIC and SpectraLogic libraries with their respective drivers than having to use the Symantec ones.

With Win2k8 driver support is even better with the User Mode driver framework where a driver crash doesnt bring down the entire server.  Add to that updating the drivers from within the Device Manager is cake and requires no reboots.  That used to always be the case I recall in the past using the Symantec Driver pack.  run it to uninstall, reboot, run it again to reinstall, reboot.  it's been a while but that was the typical procedure in the past.  Thus why I've moved away from them in general.  

If Windows can see and use the library and drives, BE will be able to use them.  It's not the other way around.  Think about that.

tech29
Level 6

@teiva-boy : Thanks for sharing your views.

@Slidelltiger: Do you have any more questions here ? if no, can you select the post which helped you resolve the issue as solution to close off this discussion.

Regards,
tech29