cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9.1 SP5 fails to install because of a corrupted file

ppsinc
Level 2

I ran the Repair option successfully on my 9.1.4691 system to be sure all was in order before downloading and attempting to update to SP5 with the file on your site.  I put the downloaded file be4691RSP5_286923.exe on to a new subdirectory and ran it.  After two seconds of unpacking it came up with this error:

"Contents of this file cannot be unpacked.  The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again."

I re-downloaded the file three times, saved it and ran it from a flash drive.  All with the same response.  Anyone have an idea why the file on this site  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286923.htm  would be corrupted?  Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ppsinc
Level 2
Yes, I'm aware the software version has long since been retired, but the old 9.1 patches are still posted on the Support site. 

No good explanation for why the SP5 patch suddently decided to work last night, but after a complete power shut down we tried it for about the tenth time and it sailed through as if there was never an issue.

Case closed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE 9.1 is no longer supported.  You should consider upgrading to the latest version of BE which is 2010.

ppsinc
Level 2
Yes, I'm aware the software version has long since been retired, but the old 9.1 patches are still posted on the Support site. 

No good explanation for why the SP5 patch suddently decided to work last night, but after a complete power shut down we tried it for about the tenth time and it sailed through as if there was never an issue.

Case closed.