cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO Failure

Edd_Bowdage
Level 2
I have Veritas 10.1 installed on our server running SBS 2003. When selecting use AOFO (NOTE: all other option are greyed out) and Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service is selected the backup job fails with the following messages:

Backup- ********\SBSMONITORING AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE00084AF): The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE00084AF): The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
Note: Backup Exec did not perform a snapshot of all volumes simultaneously because the option 'Process logical volumes for backup one at a time' was selected as a backup job property.

AOFO: Started for resource: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
The following volumes are dependent on resource: "C:" .
The snapshot provider used by VSS for volume C: - Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0 (Version 1.0.0.7).
Note: Backup Exec did not perform a snapshot of all volumes simultaneously because the option 'Process logical volumes for backup one at a time' was selected as a backup job property.

I also got the same messages when sharepoint services were selected for backup although at that time that was the only error message. Please could someone tell me why i'm getting these messages and whether or not I might need to purchase an AOFO add-on or upgrade the copy provider version.Message was edited by:
Edd Bowdage
2 REPLIES 2

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Edd!

The Advanced Open File Option should is not intended to be used for backup of databases.

Please deactivate the option and verify the results.

Following link will guide you to know more about AOFO.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/263784

Thanks,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Edd_Bowdage
Level 2
Cheers, realised that was the case & have run a backup sucessfully without the aofo selected.