cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to backup Information Store

Simon_Hardy
Level 2
I've just setup Backup Exec 9.1 to backup Exchange 5.5 running on W2K SP4. I've set the job to backup The Exchange Directory, Information Store, Mailboxes, Pulbic Folders, then the partitions followed by the System State.

Everything is backed up except the Information store, this fails with the error: a00084af - The Directory or file was not found or could not be accessed.

I have recreated the backup job to ensure the Advanced Open File Option is not selected.

I've searched the Veritas forum and the only replies I can find relate to AOFO.

Can anyone help?
2 REPLIES 2

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

This error could occur if while creating the mailbox backup, these mailboxes are selected for backup and the later on these users are deleted.
Refer the following technote for more information.The technote is also applicable to Backup Exec v9.0

and its subdirectories.]
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/249714.htm

As given in the technote you will need to remove the entry of that mailbox
from the Text version of job selections.Refer following steps to do so.
To edit current job perform following :
1. Open Backup Exec | Job Setup | Select the required job | Right Click |
Properties.
Note down the selection list name.Close the window.
2. Open Backup Exec | Edit | Edit selection list.
3. Select required selection list | Edit
From view Format select "Text" Find the entry of the deleted mailbox and
delete it,Click "OK"
4. From the Job properties | Selections | Text format , cross verify that entry is removed.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Simon_Hardy
Level 2
Eventually found that Outlook/MAPI client was not installed on the server and therefore the logged on account had no way of accessing the mailstore.

Solution: Install Outlook 2000 and connect it to the administrator mailbox, ensuring the mailbox is not hidden from the address book.Message was edited by:
Simon Hardy