Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied to File. Top of Information Store. Inbox. Registration Site

Howard_Bock
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Windows NT4.0sp6a. Backup Exec v9.0
I received the following error message:
Access Denied to File. Top of Information Store. Inbox. Registration Site Update.

Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes
The item \\ServerName\Microsfot Exchange Mailboxes\UserName. Top of Information Store Inbox. Registration Site Update in use - skipped.

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks,

Howard
4 REPLIES 4

Buddy_Farr
Not applicable
I get the same message. If you check the username account in exchange to see if the account is disabled that is usually the problem. I do not see a place where you can tell backup exec to skip disabled accounts. the only thing I can think of doing is:

create an active directory folder called TERMINATED EMPLOYEES or similar and move the accounts there. then you can re-enable the account, remove it's rights so that it is not a security issue and the account can be backed up. or delete the account in question along with it's email box.

Howard_Bock
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Thank you for your reply. In this case the receipient is not disabled. Also, since the server is NT4.0 there is no Active Directory.

Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Howard

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
This issue is caused by the Anti-virus software accessing the Information Store at the same time as Backup Exec (i.e. using the same Messaging API as Backup Exec does) It is recommended to disable virus scanning, while
performing Backup of the Exchange Server.

In addition perform the following steps:
1. Ensure that the resource credentials are correct.
2. Create a new Logon Account. Give the necessary rights to this account and try to run the job with this account selected in the "Resource credentials" tab.
3. This issue may also occur if the mails you are trying to backup is not present in the mailbox during backup.Check that the items showing up with Access Denied are present in the Inbox.
4. Recreate the job and run it. Do not use the existing selection list

You can also refer to the following document for more information.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/243524.htm

Also for reference :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/231185

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two
business days, this post would be "assumed answered"
and archived.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.