cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied to System State

chasetompkins
Not applicable
Hi,

I've looked at numerous tech docs regarding permissions and general system state information, but I was unable to solve my problem. I have a small cluster of servers, some Windows 2003, some Windows 2000. On 2 of my 5 servers (2 of 3 Windows 2000 servers) I get access denied errors to the System State. The System State is successfully backed up on the other 3 servers. When I run a test job, I get no errors and the job completes successfully for all 5 servers.

The same domain account is used to backup all 5 servers, yet it fails on 2. This problem started roughly 2 months ago, when one of our servers was rebooted. Upon reboot, the system state backup failed every night. One month ago, another server was rebooted, and the same problem started occurring.

Since then, all the servers have been rebooted at least twice and the error still only occurs with those 2 servers. I'm really stumped, hopefully someone can share some insight.

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

Are you getting access deined while backing up the local system state or the remote system state?

Have you tried creating a new user and giving this user domain admin and local admin rights?

If not please try that and do revert in case of further queries.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Chase_Tompkins
Level 4
It is a remote system state. I will try your recommendation on tonight's backup and hopefully it will work. I will post my findings tomorrow. Thanks.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

Also refer these technotes:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618
http://support.veritas.com/docs/243033

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Chase_Tompkins
Level 4
I've created a new backup account and added it to the local and domain admin groups. This did not solve my problem unfortunately. On 2 of my 5 servers, I still get "access is denied" errors when trying to backup the remote system state of another machine.

Chase_Tompkins
Level 4
I still am unable to properly backup my remote system state on 2 out of the 5 machines, I've tried all solutions provided and viewed all the help docs associated with "access denied" errors.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

What all applications are installed on these 2 servers?

Are you backing up exchange or SQL?

Are the selections visible or grayed out?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Chase_Tompkins
Level 4
the exchange and SQL servers are being backed up properly. Our problem exists with our Visual Plant server and our local intranet server. These selections are not greyed out, and when a test backup is ran, it completes successfully; however, when the job is actually ran, I get the access is denied errors when backing up the system state of these two servers.

Everything is identical, the same account has access to all of these 5 servers and they are all setup identically in regards to daily backups.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly refre the following Document

How to enable support for "Restrict Anonymous" when using Backup Exec 8.6, 9.x, and 10.x for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.