cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied when backing up e-mails that do not exist.

Allen_Strelow
Not applicable
I have Windows 2003 SBS with Veritas 10 SP3 installed. About three weeks ago, the daily job began to fail with an "Access is Denied" error. The denied access is on about 8 e-mail items that do not exist where Veritas claims they do. I posted the job log below. I cne't believe this is a permisssions error as the valid items in these mailboxes back up with no problem. Thanks in advance!

Allen

===========================
Job ended: Friday, February 16, 2007 at 3:00:44 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- \\DEFINOX-ADC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to file Administrator Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsHappy World Religion Day!.
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to file Administrator Top of Information StoreInboxI Love You with All I Am.
Access denied to file Administrator Top of Information StoreInboxThanks...Love.
Access denied to file Bill Zeisler Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsEvery Inch of Your Body.
Access denied to file Bill Zeisler Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsTrunk Full Of Love.
Access denied to file Bill Zeisler Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsEmptiness Inside Me.
Access denied to file Laurie Buckett Top of Information StoreInboxHugging My Pillow.

Exceptions
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
Backup- \\DEFINOX-ADC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes The item \\DEFINOX-ADC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Administrator Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsŒ〰〰〰〰㤶㔹㔷て㉦攲换㐴㘹㥡㜲㠹晤慦㙤搳㜰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰〰〲〵〰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰〰㘵㜸〰〰Happy World Religion Day! in use - skipped.
The item \\DEFINOX-ADC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Administrator Top of Information StoreInboxŒ〰〰〰〰㤶㔹㔷て㉦攲换㐴㘹㥡㜲㠹晤慦㙤搳㜰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰〰〲搴〰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰㐰㔶搶〰〰I Love You with All I Am in use - skipped.
The item \\DEFINOX-ADC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Administrator Top of Information StoreInboxŒ〰〰〰〰㤶㔹㔷て㉦攲换㐴㘹㥡㜲㠹晤慦㙤搳㜰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰〰〲搴〰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰㐰㔶㔷〰〰Thanks...Love in use - skipped.
The item \\DEFINOX-ADC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Bill Zeisler Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsŒ〰〰〰〰㈸㌰挸昵っㄱ晦攴ㅢ扢挰愵㠹戹敦㙣㜰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰〰㠲㉣〰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰㌰户㠷〰〰Every Inch of Your Body in use - skipped.
The item \\DEFINOX-ADC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Bill Zeisler Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsŒ〰〰〰〰㈸㌰挸昵っㄱ晦攴ㅢ扢挰愵㠹戹敦㙣㜰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰〰㠲㉣〰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰㌰户敡〰〰Trunk Full Of Love in use - skipped.
The item \\DEFINOX-ADC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Bill Zeisler Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsŒ〰〰〰〰㈸㌰挸昵っㄱ晦攴ㅢ扢挰愵㠹戹敦㙣㜰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰〰㠲㉣〰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰㌰挷㄰〰〰Emptiness Inside Me in use - skipped.
The item \\DEFINOX-ADC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Laurie Buckett Top of Information StoreInboxŒ〰〰〰〰摡扤戶つ㜳敤㔷㘴㙡扣戹㠷㍤ㅡ㐱慡㜰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰〰挲㥦〰〰〹〴摢㙢捥搳㠹㤴〸㜹㑡搸㘰㔱㥣〳〰〰〰㐰晡㔴〰〰Hugging My Pillow in use - skipped.
1 REPLY 1

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Looking at the email titles I would guess that there may be virus issues.