cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied on non-English files

Thomas_Nelshopp
Level 2
Lately, I have been getting these errors.
Backup - AGE-1.NetWare File System/AGE-1/TEMP: TEMP:Access denied to file nettemp/Sun/╡┌╥╗╒┬(Basics of china)1/3╓╨╣·╚╦┐┌╖╓▓╝/í╢╓╨╣·╡─╚╦┐┌í╖.doc.

Also, in the completion status section,

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa0008488 - Access is denied.

Final error category: Security Errors

It's not always the same file. Obviously, the file in question is in a different language. For some reason, BE 9.1 doesn't like it and balks at it.

If i exclude the file, the next back up will run fine. But it won't be long before a similar file comes along.

Using BE 9.1 for Windows Servers to backup Netware 6.0.

thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

We presume that you do not change your selection list. Hence as per what you have mentioned the file changes everytime. It implies that the other files when included earlier worked fine. However everytime you run a backup it generates error on different files.

Please refer the following technote and verify the results.

Title:
Troubleshooting basic "access denied" and "access is denied" messages in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266075

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Thomas_Nelshopp
Level 2
The offending file isn't always different each time just sometimes. The one constant factor is that it is always saved in a non-english format (i think Chinese).

It's not an issue of permissions. the account BE uses has full access to the volume.

thanks!

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Try applying latest support pack for NW 6.0 on the server.

Additionally refer this technote. This document is valid for BEWS 8.x, but still you can use as a reference:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/188933.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.