cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied to directory Boot Files\.

Louis_Perno
Not applicable
I am recieving the following error when trying to backup the System State of my server. The account I am using is a local Admin and is able to backup everything else on the server except the sysstate. This ia a Windows 2000 server wih SP3. I am running Backup Exec 9.0 build 4454.

Final error code: a0008488 HEX
Access denied to directory Boot Files\.
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

You have mentioned that the error " Access denied to directory boot files " has occurred . This issue could occur due to permission related issues of Backup Exec service account.

Ensure that Backup Exec service account(BESA) is a member of Domain Administrator and local administrator group only. Remove it from users and Backup operator groups.This would eliminate any most restrictive permissions being applied.

This step should be carried out on media server and as well as on all remote systems.

The Following rights must be assigned to the Backup Exec service account :

--Log on as a service,

--Act as part of the operating system and

--Create a token object.

Ensure that the restrict anonymous setting is enabled on Backup Exec as well as suspected remote system.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238618.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.