Level 4
I keep getting backup failure notifications due to the following error:

Backup- \\servername\D: Data
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory
<
Unknown
>
Access is denied to Remote Agent.  Check the login account for the specified device.

This drive is stores our user profiles and shared folders meaning there are approximately 6000 folders on this drive.  I have manually looked through the folders and cannot see anything that would cause this.  The entire drive has permissions set to Full for the account used during the backup.   Is there a way to know where in the backup order it is getting this error?  (ie. what folder before and after the error.)

Message Edited by Drew Gossage on 04-04-200706:36 AM

4 REPLIES 4

Drew_Gossage
Level 4
Thread Bump

Kris_Vanmoerker
Level 2
I'm having the same exact error. Also on the D:. I've verifeid the account has all the appropirate permissions. This is a new 2003 SBS server, clean install of BE 11d. The log file is no more descriptive than this. I'm going to go ahead and do all the updates to see if that helps. Very odd..

Jetze_Mellema
Level 4
Same problem here on a clean SBS 2003 SP1 and on an Exchange 2003 server.

Kris_Vanmoerker
Level 2
FYI. I was able to fix this by updating the drivers. Odd. This device did not come with drivers from the Backup exec CD, and it was using the Windows certified driver. Got the driver from the Vendor instead, and it works just fine now.
Kris