cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied to directory .

Jetze_Mellema
Level 4
New install of BE 11d in a fresh environment. Everything runs fine except these errors which seem to appaer random, every day on of these errors.

Backup- \\MAIL01\D: D_Data
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory tracking.log.
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.

I tried to solve this by excluding the d:\sysvol directory but apparently it didn't solve the problem. The other two errors:

Access denied to directory .
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.

Access denied to directory
<
Unknown
>

The Backup Exec account is domain admin so has full rights on the server. Any ideas? The server runs Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 Standard. The Exchange database is located on this partition but I don't see any problems with the Exchange backup. A test run runs fine, no errors at all.
6 REPLIES 6

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Jetze

I found this problem once and it came to be that there were subfolders in which the ACL didn't let the administrator access the data. Maybe that is your problem, if only the users are listed in the subfolders' ACL's

Regards

Jetze_Mellema
Level 4
Hi David.

Thanks for your suggestion. But the error messages give me no clue where to look, no directory is mentioned. Further there is only the D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr on the partition, no userdata with customized ACLs.

Jetze_Mellema
Level 4
I excluded the whole D-partition and the errors have now moved to the C-patition. :)

Yesterday:
Backup- \\MAIL01\C: V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory
<
Unknown
>

The day before yesterday:
Access denied to directory 跰??b\wmiislog.

So I'm adding the D-partiton again to the job but my problem is still here.

Jetze_Mellema
Level 4
Still this error:
Access denied to directory 醨Ӻ�՝b\wmiislog.

Vance_Renninger
Level 3
I too was receiving "Access denied" errors. What I found very useful (in determining the actual source of the problem) was to turn on directory logging in the backup job.

To turn on this feature, goto Tools|Options|Job Logs, then change your detail level to "Summary information and directories processed".

Once this setting is on, and after you have had the chance to rerun the backup job, you will be able to pinpoint the folder or directory that is giving you trouble--and then adjust permissions, etc to address.

Granted, this will make your job logs longer. But you can turn it back to the default, once you have addressed your issues.

Vance

Jetze_Mellema
Level 4
Thanks Vance, I'll try that.