cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied during restore of public folder

Lance_Wheeler
Level 3
Our backups of the exchange 2003 public folders seem to be working fine. When I try to restore a public folder that got deleted, I get "Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied."
I tried 2 tapes and a couple of different public folders and get the same error. I also checked the "This database can be overwritten with a restore" box.

I saw some suggestions about dismounting the store but then I get the error "Unable to attach to a resource"

I can restore users mailbox items fine.
8 REPLIES 8

STeve_O
Level 5
You can restore a public folder from a information store backup. Did you back the folder up thru a bricklevel backup?

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Are you trying to do a redirected Restore? or is to the same location?

When restoring a single Public Folder, the following must be true:

1. The Folder must already exist.
2. The Foldername must be identical to original foldername being restored. (Folder type and permissions)
3. The existent Public Folder must be accessible through a MAPI-based application. (Ex. Outlook)

Also go through the following Article:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267764

Hope that helps you.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Lance_Wheeler
Level 3
I did both, an Information store backup and individual public folder backup. After some testing I was able to restore some public folders but not others including the one that was deleted. There must be a permission problem with some of the folders. The account that BE is using is the System Logon Account. I am not sure why this would work at all really.

Lance_Wheeler
Level 3
Giving the account owner permissions as suggested in the link you gave me fixed the problem.

Lance_Wheeler
Level 3
Giving the account owner permissions as suggested in the link you gave me fixed the problem.

Lance_Wheeler
Level 3

Lance_Wheeler
Level 3

Lance_Wheeler
Level 3
Sorry for the multiple posts. I kept recieving a jsp error during my reply so I didn't know the reply was posting.