cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied on windows server 2008

Rob_peters
Level 3
I have a fresh Windows server 2008 x64 install on my domain and am running Backup Exec 11 on another server. I installed the x64 version of the BEAgent for windows server on the 2008 server successfully. As I attempt to connect to the 2008 server to select a backup selection, I am prompted for a username to use to access the server, apparently my default backupexec user is denied access. But Any active directory account I try to use even if its an administrator account or an account with administrator privlages, I get "Access Denied".

Why am I unable to access this server through backup exec. The Agent is running and I have rebooted it since the agent install. All other servers are successfully accessable with the user accounts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
2 REPLIES 2

Cheri-Chanel_Lo
Level 3

Has anyone had a luck resolving this issue?  I too am having the same access is denied message when trying to backup Windows 2008 server with 11d and would like to get resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

-Cheri

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The only version  of BackupExec that supports W2K8 (either media server or RAWS) is v12  Smiley Sad