cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied to microsoft Exchange MailBoxes

Albert_Chen_2
Level 2
We have DC and BACKUP SERVER separate, but both running Windows 2000 Server and BE 10.0d.  I kept receive

"V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied
 Access denied to file Full Name [username]. Top of Information Store.Inbox. Folder name. ".

as error message even though no one is using this folder.  Any help?

Also, when the backup job failed, does it mean that nothing has been backed up on the tape?

Thank you so much

4 REPLIES 4

Ilya_Vishnyakov
Level 3
I have the similar problem and would like to receive some type of help on this topic.

Amadeo
Not applicable
All you need to do is exclude that mailbox that you said no one uses, from the backup selections. As for your failed message, it implies that it did not complete 100% because it could not back up that mail box, but it would of continued with the rest of the job. Check the size of backup compared to previous backups to see if it seem to be completed

Message Edited by Amadeo on 04-26-200706:59 PM

Ilya_Vishnyakov
Level 3
i have these errors on active email mailboxes :(

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You say that no one is using the mailbox.  have you hidden  the account?  if so, BackuExec will fail on that mailbox.  as the other response says, just exclude any hidden mailboxes

Even with a FAILED status, if you can see the data in the Restore Selection Pane, you should be able to restore it.