cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Console on Microsoft Vista Business Edition

Robert_Kuhn
Level 4
I'm running the Admin Console on one of my machines (a laptop) which has Microsoft Vista Business Edition and it works.  I can connect and manage my single media server on my LAN.  This was a fresh installation of the OS and Admin Console and it was done back in March of 2007.

When I work remotely (i.e. from home) and connected to my network via a VPN connection, I am unable to connect.  I get a "Network Path Not Found" error.  I can ping the server and I even have it in my local host file.  If I substitute the server name for the IP address, I still get the same error.

Back when this machine was on Windows XP, I had no such problem.

My current work around is to connect to my media server via Remote Desktop and launch the Admin Console in the remote session or I connect via the Web-Admin Console (which is good if I just want to get a quick update on a job...).

NetBIOS seems to have come up many times during my researching of the problem but I don't suspect that this is the problem.

Nothing on my VPN server in the office has changed, and when I connect from home on a Windows XP machine with the Admin Console, I can connect to the media server just fine.

I don't consider this a major problem as I do have a work around and it doesn't experience this problem when I'm in the office on the LAN; only when I'm away from the office (either from home, hotel, etc...).  Just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem or could possibly give some advice.

Thank you.

My software and version information:

Symantec Backup Exec 10d for Windows Server
Media Server: Version 10.1 Rev 5629 (SP-3)
Admin Console: Version 10.1 Rev 5629 (SP-3)

0 REPLIES 0