Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Connection with BE server

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner
Dear All,

I migrate my old BE 10D server on newly installed Server, Now can you please tell me why my old clinet server agent's are not reporting on my newly installed server.
I migrate my older server database on new one. Its connected with Sql also. All services are working fine.
Its highly urgent....

12 REPLIES 12

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Have you upgraded the RAWS agents on those older servers?
This could be a reason why.Also, which version are you going from, and which version have you upgraded too...?

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner
Dear Craig,

Can you pls tell me, how i can dothis same.??
I am jst migrating.. not upgrading.. same version 10.2D
Then what is need to upgrade agents.

CraigV
Simple...

Go into your selection list. Once you do that, you can right-click any server you want to upgrade, and choose the option to Install Remote Agent/Advanced Open File Option... . Chances are that you don't need to restart the remote server, but if it is Windows 2000, you can almost bank on it.

Let me know if you need more help...

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner
Ya sure.. craig.. 

But can u tell me if my client server are all ready having installed remote agent of old server and i am doing this what effect will occure? 
If i am doing this they can communicate with its old backup server or not. I don't want to take a chance if i failed then evening backup can reduce risk.. 

CraigV
Hi Jack,

If you can browse that server's drive via your selection list, and can select individual items etc, the RAWS agent is installed.
You can also right-click the server, choose Properties, and then see which version of the Remote Agent is installed.
Upgrade those agents though...I strongly suspect they won't work with agents as old as 10.x.

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner
If i install agent manually from
c:/>Programe file/Veritas/Backup Exec/NT/Agent/Oracle/ENG.
copy this folder and run on server. Same with other server aftr removing old agent.

But Craig we are using 10d in old server and on new server i install same version of BE then why agents are not reporting to new server.

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner
Dear Craig,

I want to know if i am sharing my server with other aplication which is also using sql data base. 
Now is it possible to face problem between those application or its data base

CraigV
If you push the upgrade out, it is going to work.
Other than that, I am not too sure what you are getting at here...
Are you saying you are having issues upgrading your remote agents...?

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner
Dear CraigV,

I am not upgrading any thing...
I want to connect old server client agent on my new BE server. my question is too easy to understand and straight .. So pls answere.
old server application 10.2 D and on new server 10.2 D.
Now tell me how i can add my old remote aclient agents with new server.

Hope you understand my question..
If its not possible then should i go for install new agent. or not..

CraigV
If you use 10.2D on your media server, you can connect your 10.2D remote agents to it...there is no difference in the agent.
If this is the case, go onto your remote server, and open up your Remote Agent for WIndows Servers agent. You can set which media server you publish too.
Once done, go onto your media server and then add that server in via IP address/name etc.

Laters!

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner
Ok.. but here when i am trying to deply remote agent on new client server's it's giving authentication failure and access denied when i am using domain administrator to do deploy agent.

CraigV
OK...the account you're using: is that the same account as your service account for Backup Exec?|
You can also look at adding in the service account to the remote server's local admins group and trying it again...