cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Execption in Job

jphillips85
Level 2

I just upgraded to Backupexec 2010 R2 from 12.5.  I pushed the agent updates to all my remote servers with 100% success and restarted them as well.  When I run my jobs, I still get the error, The target computer is running a previous version of the remote agent.

Any ideas?  With these exceptions, management freaks because they don't understand why this isn't up to date, when it is.

Thank you in advance,

Jeff Phillips

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

On your remote server browse to X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Raws and 

check the version of remote agent by right clicking on beremote.exe

If the remote agent is updated then the version will be 13.0.4164.XXX

EDIT: If its still showing as 12.5.2213.xxx then I would suggest you to copy RAWS32 or 64

to the remote server and double click on setupaa.cmd file which will udpate the remote 

agent.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Can you confirm the beremote version on media server & remote server is same by going to C-program file-symantec-backupexec directory on both server

If it is same may be amke new job & then see if that helps

Thank You

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

On your remote server browse to X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Raws and 

check the version of remote agent by right clicking on beremote.exe

If the remote agent is updated then the version will be 13.0.4164.XXX

EDIT: If its still showing as 12.5.2213.xxx then I would suggest you to copy RAWS32 or 64

to the remote server and double click on setupaa.cmd file which will udpate the remote 

agent.

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Any updates here

Thank You

jphillips85
Level 2

Thanks, it said that it was up to date when I pushed them from the media server, but they really weren't when checked on the physical box.  I copied the agents directory and run the setup locally and it took care of it.

thanks

jeff