cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Question

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

I did remove the Windows Agent from one our test servers, and also delete the agent From the BE console-Tools-Install Agent and media server .... now when I go to an old job or to create a new one I can still see the server, that has an Agent on it but I can see a warning triangle on the server name, I did run the database maintaince on the media server but still no change and I see the warning there (see screenshot), any idea how long would it take to see this server in the BE console as the same as other servers (without Agent)? becuse one of the backup job says Faild with Error Code: 000846B, and in backup logs I can see this error that the Media server cannot access the server (one that I remove the agent from it).

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It might be the remote agent is not uninstalled properly because of which the test server show up in the console with a warning icon .You can ignore this as you are not going to backup the server .Can you please post the screen shot ? also refer the following document http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH63655

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi Rahule,

Thanks for your replay,

we need to backup some shares on this server, so we can just igonr it.

here is the screenshot:

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) For an explanation of how long the server with the yellow triangle is going to stay on the BE console, see Colin Weaver's answer in the discussion below

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/remove-server-windows-systems-selection-list#comment-...

2) For your job that failed, you should edit the selection list and exclude the server that you have just removed the remote agent.

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi PKH,

Thanks for your update,

I did check the job that in the log says faild, and I find out that there is still a line that want to back-up a folder that is on one of the local drive of the server that had the Agent on it(we did remove the agent from this server), I dont know how can this heppen becuse in the GUI I cannot see nothing selected on any of local drive of that server, but when I go to the view selection detail as I siad I can see a line that include a folder on the G drive to be back-up: \\servername\G:\foldername\*.*/SUBDIR so I did delete this line. i will wait for the job to run tonight and see what heppend.

I realy dont care if there is an warning triangle on the server name, but for me is importent that data get back-up.

Tommorrow I will let you know the result.

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You would have to remove all reference to that server from all your selection list.  When you remove a server, the selection lists do not updated.  You have to manually update the selection lists.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

When you make the selection it gets stored in the backup exec database and if the resource which is selected does not exisit anymore , the entry for that resource is not automatically removed. And to remove that entry you would need to go the text view by clicking on edit selection as the selection for that resource in the selection view would not be available.

Shahin123
Level 6

So what I did is correct then? am I right?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.  You are correct.