cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent for Oracle

David_Lockhart
Level 2
After installing Agent for Oracle on a remote Oracle server the Oracle database starts and stops very slow. I uninstalled the Agent for Oracle and continue to have the same problem. Does anyone know how to do a manual uninstall of the Agent for Oracle so I can make sure everything is being removed when I run the uninstall? Or does anyone know what would be causing the database to start and stop slow after the Agent for Oracle installation.

Does Agent for Oracle have the ability to backup individual files on the remote server or do I have to purchase additional software?
3 REPLIES 3

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-can you please update us on the following :
1.what is the version of Oracle that you are having in your environment ?
2.are you using Advance Open File Option for Oracle Server backup ?
3.What is the Operating system on which Oracle Database is running ?

For more Information on Oracle Agent backup ability,refer the admin guide : page number 1333

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269777.htm

Thank you
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

David_Lockhart
Level 2
The problem with Oracle Starting and Stopping slow has been resolved by one of our contractors. I do not know what he did to resolve it.

Does the Agent for Oracle license include licensing for installing the VERITAS Backup Exec Remote Agent Client on the same server as the Agent for Oracle?

Thank you for your assistance.Message was edited by:
David Lockhart

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

It is required to install the Oracle agent license on the Backup Exec media server and install the remote agent on the remote server.
Oracle agent license includes the remote agent, so you can directly install it on the remote server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Deepali Badave