cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All selections for a remote server are unavailable for selection.

Russ_T
Level 2

BE Server - Win 2k sp4 running Backup Exec 9.00 Rev. 4454?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Problem boxes - Win 2k sp4

I have followed this article and I am still unable to select the drives.  This is happening on 2 servers. There are no DNS/WINS errors that I can see.  Both servers that I am unable to select say that the BE agent is running when I look at the properties from the backup selection.  I check the services on the affected servers and it says the agent is running.  Same problem occurs when I try to use the 'User-defined Selections'.

What am I missing?  What can I do to rectify the situation?

v/r
Russell

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Have you tried stopping/starting the RemoteAgent on those machines?

Probably won't affect this, but on GP I'd suggest the free upgrade to v9.1.4691

v4691.1 here

SP5 here

Driver Pack here

Russ_T
Level 2
Yes I have restarted the agents.  SAME ISSUE.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the agent.  SAME ISSUE.

The only way this works is if I specify on each of the 2 affected  servers and my BE server the ndmp tcp port to use. Even though it say that the port is not being used by any other application.

I would like not to use the ndmp port option as a fix because I would then have to change the port on 45 plus servers in my network. Adds another level of administration.

Any avenues that I missed?*

THX.

* Upgrading to 9.1 is not an option at this time.  We will be updating to 11d within a month. And to the next ver. not terrible long after that.   But, I am trying to keep my current data backed up