cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the Tape in the autoloader show as a cleaning tape ,after an Inventry .

sam_lai
Level 2
Hello everyone :
     Urgent case , anybody know the reason why  All the Tape in the autoloader show as a cleaning tape ,after an Inventry ???
I just reintalled my OS and the backupexec 11 d . but the problem still here .

my autolader is HP MSL 2024 and 1 Tape Drive (LTO) ,my OS is windows storage server 2003 R2 and backupexec 11d revision 7170.

Many many thx .....!
5 REPLIES 5

Katherine_Doher
Level 2
Hi,

I have this same problem.

All my tapes are now "cleaning tapes"  I use an Exabyte VXA-2  there is only one drive.  The above link referred to a situation with more then one drive. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to "de-cleaning tape" my data tapes?

using version 6235.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You also must have the loader at a lower SCSI ID (higher priority) that the tape drive(s)

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
You also must have the loader at a lower SCSI ID (higher priority) that the tape drive(s)

That is only true if the library is NOT using LUN addressing.  If it is using LUN addressing the SCSI ID's do not matter.

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified
Hi, hope you have allready resolved your problem with tapes showing as cleaning media.

In case you haven't;

Do you use bar codes on tapes? We had exactly same problem. Our reseller had sended LTO3 bar codes to us, and our tapes and drive is LTO2. Two last digitals on bar codes were L3, in our case those should have been L2.
Tape drive reads bar code, if it's "wrong", it sends information to BE that media is unsupported, and BE shows that as Cleaning Media for some reason.

After we changed bar codes to LTO2 which has two last digitals L2, tapes started to work normally.