cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ammend a VMware Backup to Include Physical Servers?

pshankland
Level 4

Hi, I have created a job which backup's up VM's through VMware vCenter. I now want to be able to add some physical servers onto this same job.

There is obviously not an add button on the source selection from this screen so I have gone through the process of using groups.

I have created a group called "Server To Backup" and added the vCenter server and the physical servers into this group. I then duplicated the above job and added in this group but I cannot select individual VM's at this point as it selects the entire vCenter server and all associated VM's - not what I am after as I need to select individual VM's to backup.

So, I then tried selecting the VM servers and adding them into the group instead of the vCenter server but then the VM's are seen just as servers and not VM's.

Can anyone help as I don't want to create multiple jobs.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I don't think there is a way out of this situation because this is the way BE 2012 works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I don't think there is a way out of this situation because this is the way BE 2012 works.

gazanferb
Level 2

I am told as this version is server centric this is not possible. I am also keen to do the same.

pshankland
Level 4

Not what I was hoping for!

Thanks for the replies though