cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appended job writing over initial job

Wayne_Wall
Not applicable
I have 2 jobs running on my server. The initial is set to overwrite media, and the second is set to append to media.

The job continues to overwrite stating "No appendable media could be mounted. Switching to overwrite operation on scratch media."

Am I missing a step?
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
First, make sure that the Global Overwrite Protection is NOT set to NONE (Tools\Optios\Media Management)

Also, to be appendable, the media set of the append job must match the media set that the mounted tape belongs to.

You can also make the second job "Append" rather than "Append, else Overwrite"Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Does the problem persist? Have you tried the steps suggested by Ken? If the issue persists, follow the steps below:

- Ensure that the append job is directed towards a tape whose append period is valid, the tape should be appendable.
- Also check the default option from 'tools-options-media management' and set the desired options there.

For more information on overwrite and append periods and their functionality, refer to the technote below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/237374

Revert with details if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Robert_Schmidt_
Level 6
- and for the media set you're using, the 'Append period' should be set to "None, Infinite - allow append"

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Do update us on the issue.Let us know if the steps suggested have helped.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.