cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application freezes when performing a full backup

Adam_Aquilina
Level 2
When I attempt to perform a full backup of a single drive, Backup Exec stops responding as soon as the check box relating to 'all drives' is clicked. Have performed a database repair and am no network drives. Please Help!

backup exec 9.1 SP2
Windows 2000 SP4
2 REPLIES 2

Ashwin_Apte
Level 4
Hi Adam,

Did this issue start coming up immediately after you installed Backup Exec or Backup Exec was working fine for sometime and suddenly this started happening?

Is your Media server a DC? Also check in your Task manager whether a specific process is taking up a lot of memory or CPU.

Have you installed the Backup Exec MSDE instance as a separate instance or in an existing SQL instance?

You can also try a repair installation of Backup Exec, by stopping all Backup Exec services and changing their start type to manual and then from add/remove programs run a repair installation.

- Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam_Aquilina
Level 2
Thanks for the info, here are the answers to your queries:

The server is a DC.

The problem occured from the first install, a DB repair fixed it briefly but it's back.

Its a default install with no other sql instance loaded.

I haven't tried a repair installation yet, I will give this a go and post the results.

Once again, thank you very much for you help!

Adam