cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply SQL Server Service Pack 4 to Backup Exec Catalogue database

d_todd
Level 2
Hi,

I'm DBA for my company, and am evaluating SQL 2000 SP 4 prior to applying it to development and production servers.

I noted that when installing Backup Exec that the MSDE instance had Service Pack 3a applied, and the latest security patch for SQL Server.

Now that Microsoft has released SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4, should I apply it to my BKUPExec instances?

Regards
David
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
we recomend you to use the version that has been provided with the software.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

d_todd
Level 2
Hi,

Why?

Will Vertias be providing a service pack for Backup Exec that includes the SQL Service Pack?

When is this likely?

What about the situation where Backup Exec uses a production server instance, and for those reasons not applying the service is not an option. (Too many nots in there ...)

David

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

There are ni known issues so far on installation of Sp4 on the backup exec database. On the other hand Sp3a is sufficient for the proper finctioning of BE.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Ulf_Hammarstr_m
Not applicable
Hi
Regarding to patch or not:

When running MBSA it says that the BE server needs
a critical security update, SQL Server 2000 SP4.
Is it wise to ignore this? If patching, I would like a short guide how to. MSDE/MDAC??
In my case the server , Windows Server 2003, is only running BE for windows servers.