cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive DLO data to tape

David_Ainsley
Level 2
The is a continuation of the discussion in http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?messageID=4386599

I am also using 10d with DLO backing up desktops to a NAS. I understand how to use BuExec to backup the data DLO writes to the NAS to tape, but I'm unclear as to how the restore process works.

I understand that I can restore the files back from tape using BuExec, but I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to use the DLO interface to restore the files from that point because the DLO database probably won't have a reference to the file if it is very old.

So how do I access a restored encrypted file originally backed up by DLO to a NAS then moved to tape?

It seems this would be a lot simpler if BuExec would see the DLO Storage Loacation as a device so that duplicate backup sets of this data could be made more easily. If some integration between DLO and BuExec that I'm missing, please let me know.
2 REPLIES 2

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please let us know if you have performed backup using encryption. It is because redirecting a restore to a different location or different device may not work. Please try to restore on the local NAS device and carry out backup and restore without encryption.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

David_Ainsley
Level 2
This is what I was afraid of. In order to maintain offline backups of DLO data, I have to disable the only secuity feature you offer in the product.

I'll mark this question answered even though I don't really consider this a solution.