cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to add Exchange server to selection list causes agent to crash

Brad_Jacobsen
Level 2
I have the Exchange agent licensed on the media server and the remote agent installed to our Exchange server. At first I was struggling with logon account issues which now seem to be resolved. But instead of getting an account error or the list of mailboxes and other Exchange resources, I get an error stating the following when I select Public Folders or Mailboxes, "An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of \\SERVER\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders. A network connection to the server could not be established."

Looking at the services on the Exchange server, I see that the agent has stopped. I start the agent up again but as soon as I try to select Public Folders or Exchange Mailboxes, I get the same error and the service has stopped yet again. The error log on the Exchange server states, "Faulting application beremote.exe, version 10.0.5484.0, faulting module BEDSMBox.dll, version 10.0.5484.16, fault address 0x0000d288.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the agent to no effect, and rebooted the Exchange server as a last resort.
5 REPLIES 5

Brad_Jacobsen
Level 2
BTW all patches and hotfixes have been applied.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Is Exchange in the same domain as the Backup Exec server?
- Is there a firewall?
- Have you updated the remote agents after installing the patches?
- Verify if you can access Public Folders using Outlook.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Brad_Jacobsen_2
Level 3
It is in the same domain with no firewalls, hardware or software, in between. The remote agent has been updated since the patching. I have been in DA with Veritas Support and tried all known fixes, so we are sorting through debug logs at this time.

Brad_Jacobsen_2
Level 3
Problem solved. Set the BackupExec remote agent service to run as the same user I was using to authenticate (veritas@domain.org) to the agent when selecting mailboxes instead of Local System Account.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Thank you for the update.