cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic cancelation for selection lists causing problems

tvbc
Level 2

Hi,

I am running BE 11.d. I have a large backup job which takes roughly 2 - 5 hours to complete. I then need to duplicate this to tape. the job is set up in a policy with a rule to run a duplicate set to tape when the backup job is finished. On the selection list for this job, I have had to select the automatic cancelation option due to it interfering with applications database. If the job does not finish in 6 hours, I have no choice but to stop it.

My problem is that the job will almost always complete without an issue, but the duplicates will always time out due to it taking more then 6 hours. Is there any way to automatically run a duplicate without the cancelation, after a job that does have the cancelation finishes?

Sorry if this is a bit unclear, if you need anymore information, please let me know. Many thanks,

tvbc

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

On the selection list for this job, I have had to select the automatic cancelation option due to it interfering with applications database.

Are you using a Network Share for your Disk backup?  Not sure why a D2T duplication would affect a production  SQL database.  Are you using MSSQL for the BackupExec database  or SQL Express?

Only way around this that I can see would be to not use a template but script up something using BEMCMD to run as a post job of the Disk backup.

tvbc
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It is not the D2T that interferes with the databses, it is the B2D. When I said database I meant databses on a different server for other 3rd party applications. In short, I cant run a backup whilst these databases are online.

I wasnt aware of BEMCMD so I will look into that today. Thank you,

tvbc