cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

B2D Copyjobs to NAS fail when initializing large concurrent job

abteilung
Not applicable
BEWS 12.5 Win 2003-32 1-GBit-NAS

We have a weekly recurring mixed strategy of B2D-backups.
Once a week we do backup-sets with appended copyjobs to copy the backup-sets to a only then attached RAID-1-NAS.
The backups are done just before business times start and then the copyjobs are initiated and paused, because the NAS hasn't been fetched from
the data-safe yet. If the NAS is attached then and the "drives" were switched online again, all copyjobs resume as expected.

Now comes the problem:
Intermittently one or more of these concurrent copyjobs(4) fail nearly at the beginning (60 secs.) with error 0e00084f4 or they all run correctly for first.
The size of the copyjobs is between 60 mb and 80 gb.
About half an hour later, the most important backupjob (not a copyjob) is started directly to the NAS by schedule.
Its size is about 200 gb.
When this job starts, the remaining running jobs will definitely fail with error 0e00084f4.
All jobs are set to overwrite last weeks "media".
After having a really patient eye on the behaviour of the NAS activity and the BEWS activity, i come to the conclusion, that the quick-erasing of the B2D-media at start over 1-GBit-LAN
lasts over 60 seconds, so that the concurrently running jobs get a write timeout, which is then false-interpreted as unknown error.

Even though i set an error-treatment-rule for 0e00084f4 with 2 retries, this has no effect.

My hope is, that the timeout value could be set to about 120 seconds, this would be enough for clearing the 200gb-media and start writing to it, i think.
But unfortunately i cannot locate a corresponding entry in the registry.

Could please someone tell me, what entry must be changed?
Or is there a hidden value, that must first be defined in the registry? (Like the hidden remote OFO-values back in BEWS 9.0)
0 REPLIES 0